|Whose Ass They Kicking?|
|A Reply to Webspam|
Webspam and An Appropriate Reply……..
We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation have many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas we would like your assistance with:
1) The next time you see an adult talking during the playing of the National Anthem ... kick their ass.
2) When you witness firsthand someone burning the American Flag in protest ... kick their ass.
3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these Veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these Veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled Veteran kicks their ass.
4) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDU's), telling others that you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay if you were still seven. Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.
5) If you witness someone calling an enlisted Marine "Sir," stand back ... Marine will kick their ass.
6) Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass kicking (children are exempt).
7) Roseanne Barr's singing of the National Anthem is not a blooper ... it was a disgrace and disrespectful. Laugh, and sooner or later your ass will be kicked.
8) Next time Old Glory prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her... of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass kicking.
9) What Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam War makes her the enemy. The proper word to describe her is "traitor." Just mention her nomination for "Woman of the Year" and get your ass kicked..
10) Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans and we all bleed the same regardless of our party affiliation. Our Chain of Command, is to include our commander in Chief. The President (for those who didn't know) is our CIC regardless of political party.. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those "representatives" meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. The military member might direct you to Oliver North. (I can see him kicking your ass already.)
11) "Your mama wears combat boots" never made sense to me ... stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and probably kick your ass!
12) Bin Laden and the Taliban are not communists, so stop saying "Let's go kill those Commie's!!!" And stop asking us where he is!!!! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me ... if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers; let me know, so I can go kick their ass.
13) Bus Driver, Jar Head, Grunt, Swabbie etc, are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Could get your ass kicked.
14) Last but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends please remember that there are, literally, thousands of troops overseas wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked.
-relayed from a friend………..
Dear Jar Head,
It’s always meaningful to have
great historical lessons revisited. If it wasn’t for letters like this,
we might forget what actually made this nation great. The huge influx of
It would be nice if everyone stood rapt while the National Anthem is played. However, after years of being pointlessly played at roller rinks and baseball games, and in my lifetimes at movie theaters, somehow and understandably it does not have the emotional tug it should at all times. It should be played less and at appropriate occasions and played well. Roseanne did a questionable satire one (1) time. Think of all the horrible, gag inducing versions that have lacerated the airwaves from Heroines of the Local Opera and erect but ancient Tenors of Various Men’s Clubs. The song is difficult to sing for those not trained and talented enough, and the squirming anticipation of bad notes that fifty years of experience gave us was what R was (unfunnily) satirizing. And by the way, the Anthem has more than one verse. You don’t know them, so don’t get uppity.
I’ll kick the ass of someone
burning a flag if it’s okay to shoot for treason those who fly the flag of the
Confederacy, which killed more Americans than any other enemy in combat, and
caused more deaths than most of our other wars combined. This is even
before you get to slavery issues. It makes lots of sense to get
upset about potheaded punks burning a cloth, while yahoos on either side
celebrate armed treason against the
Most veterans never fought at
all. The US Army under General SLA Marshall did a study of the draft army
in World War Two and
It IS sick when civilians pretend
to things of which they are incapable, like combat and courage and grace under
fire. It is the same for members of the military who do the same thing,
log roll medals to each other, fake Combat medals, lie
outright. Whether recent chiefs of staffs or pathetic corporals who had
aspirations, it is sick and does demean actual veterans and heroes. But
since, for example, the
What Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam Police Action was awful and stupid, although few argue that her intent wasn’t to stop the war. Given that now everyone from McNamara on down has, in effect, admitted to the stupidity and waste of life that they inflicted on everyone (while still snacking high on the food chain themselves) there are others to whom all the animosity might be more honorably directed. You know who they are. Of course, they’re men with power to protect themselves, not a born again sixty year old actress. It’s always dangerous when the elected legislature doesn’t have the gonads to declare war, and leaves it to the Executive so they can always claim ‘you can’t blame us, HE did it.’ No worse trend has emerged since WWII than the abdication of Congress of this crucial power. But if you complain about them, they might vote reduced veterans’ benefits, so let’s go beat up that bitch!!
That was inspiring about dedication
to the nation and the Chain of Command. Too bad during the
Drugs, Rock and Roll, and communism
produced fewer militant traitors to the American Flag than
Veterans have not been treated
consistently or well in this country. The VERY LEAST that a nation could
do is make sure the wounded and crippled, physical and
otherwise, get the very best and free care that we can afford. We can
afford a lot. The reason there is opposition to this is because The Grand
Army of the Republic, the civil war vet group, became a lobby section of
corrupt, bullying thugs in many states that extorted reverence. The
actual combat vets tended to avoid it, a trend that may have continued through
We’re unique because our civilians rule the military, and because the socialized life of soldiers doesn’t work outside the ranks. And I call Marines, or any individual male that I don’t know personally, “Sir” because it is an expression of respect. If Marines are so psychotic they choose to view it differently, that’s their problem. I’m not in the armed forces; civilian rules out here, bucko. That’s the difference between us and the fascists, the commies, and the anti-Occident Islamics, which were often no more than templates for patriarchal misogynist rule by (shocked gasp!) themselves.
I’ve advocated significantly increased Veterans benefits for thirty years. But I won’t stand to have us become a society that exists to worship the military.